Psalm 139:14a



"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."



Thursday, December 29, 2011

What is Love?

Well…it is defined as this “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.”(1corinthians 13:4-7) NOW THAT IS LOVE!!!  Don’t we all wish we had someone who loved us this way? Someone who loves us unconditionally, no matter what? Someone who would help us through everything? And never get mad or frustrated with us? Well, there is someone like that. And his name is Jesus. He is the perfect example of love. He is always there for us, no matter what. Just say a word and he hears you. Don’t you hate it when you need to talk to someone, but they won’t answer you? or they don’t have the right words? Well, Jesus can do anything. He is the best thing that happened in my life. And I hope that he will be the best thing in your life too.

13 comments:

  1. some of this is true but god isnt always there, or so it feels. what do we do with that? what if we do everything we are suppposed to but we dont feel god talking to us or helping us? thats how i feel! im always praying and reading my bible but when i most need god, it feels like hes not there. like with my boyfriend, him and i always get into huge fights and lately hes been beating me and i dont know if he knows hes doing it or not but i pray and i even have other friends praying for me but it feels as though god wants me to be in this knida pain. if god loved us, then why would he let us go through this kinda thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. – Deuteronomy 31:6

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, As that verse says God is always there. The trials in our lives bring us closer to Him bcuz we lean on Him. Each trial brings us closer bcuz we see the amazing things He can do.
    One person told me once that God teaches us the hardest lessons when he feels most absent from our lives. He is waiting for the right moment and so we just need patience. He sees and knows your pain. Don't give up hope. He will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think your reference is off. i believe it is 1st Corinthians 13:4-8, not 7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well...only by three words. sorrie, my bad

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! i laughed when i read that too! the referance is !st Corinthians 13:4-8. anywho, i was the original writer of the first post and i wanted to thnk you guys for responding! you guys helped me wlot but i am still struggling to find god! how do i know when he is here and by my side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just trust. He is always there no matter what you feel. There are times when you feel him sooooo vividly, but others there are times you doubt his existence. It is normal for any Christians growth in Him. One thing I think is that God tests you when you dont feel him. He wants to see if you will still follow Him even when you dont feel him.

      Delete
  7. This is exactly what I needed to hear! You have such a big Johanna and you are definitely touching your audience!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Kelsey!!! your welcome :) I'm glad i could help in any way <3

      Delete
    2. oh and thank you for the compliment :)

      Delete
  8. What is love
    Oh baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    Oh, baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more


    just thought it was about time to put the song out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not all love hurts though. Most does, but not all of it...

    ReplyDelete