Psalm 139:14a



"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."



Thursday, December 29, 2011

Forgiveness

Psalm 130

A song of ascents.

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD;
2 Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
   to my cry for mercy.

3 If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
   Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness,
   so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

5 I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope.
6 I wait for the Lord
   more than watchmen wait for the morning,
   more than watchmen wait for the morning.

7 Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
  
for with the LORD is unfailing love
   and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
   from all their sins.

Isn’t it amazing that God doesn’t keep record of every little thing we do wrong? Once we ask for forgiveness, its all gone. He never takes a second look at our sins. He forgives and forgets, you might say. Thank goodness He doesn’t keep track of our past sins. He knows mine would be HUGE. Isn’t it amazing though? That He can totally forgive us and not hold a grudge? He knows I can not do that very well. But I’m learning. He will always forgive us no matter how many times anyone messes up. And He does not love us any less.

6 comments:

  1. if ths is true, thn y r we tauntd w/ our sins? i hav commitd many sins resntly n my prnts h8 me knw, hw duz god 4giv us sooo easily??? if our prnts, erthly prnts, cnt 4giv us easly thn hw can god? (dnt get me wrng, i luv rdin jojos blog n all but i cnt hlp but ask myslf these qstns. i alwys do ths wen readn blgz n othr stuf like ths.) but y? y wld god choose 2 snd his son 2 di 4 my sns n nw 4giv me EVRY SINGLE TIME!?? ths is a time in my life rght nw n i jst cldnt hlp but ask ths qstn. Jojo, u knw who i m...so plse hlp me! ths is rely frstr8in n i feel like mayb u can answr ths, u alwys answr my qstns...so y us? y duz he 4giv us so easly like ths?? ERG!!! *frustr8td fc*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, we are tempted by the devil. he wants us to keep away from God. And i cant say anything for your parents, but God separates our sins from as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12) He forgives us because we are truly sorrie for our sins and he sees Jesus' purity on our hearts. He forgives you because he can. He loves each of his children sooooo much that he sacrificed one life, his Son, for the lives of billions of his children. Your parents, my parents or any parents are SOOO not perfect. they are like any other human. But God is a forgiving God to anyone who wants to be forgiven and have a new slate. I dont know why he does it. But im sooo glad he does.

      Delete
  2. please respond to posts in semi-proper English. not to be hating or anything, but it would help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe u shud lern txt lingo, eh?

      Delete
    2. i was able to read it. with difficulty, yes, but i did it. i was making a suggestion that i, as an anonymous person, can guarantee will help you in your life. also, you said "txt lingo"...well this ain't (pardon slight slang) texting, is it? this is blogging. and blogging is completely different.

      Delete
    3. txt lingo is just a phrase. i'm sorrie my blog doesnt reach your standards. but as it stating in this bible passage u shud forgive me for my errors

      Delete